Here are five ways to entertain yourself when the kids are with the other parent.
I know I said only five ways but I really had about 50 I could have listed! That’s what happens when creativity rules your brain. I even started inventing totally unrealistic things like finally going to Timbuctoo or sitting on a deserted island.
So what can you do without the kids?
1. You can plan a dinner party and have grown up meals. Now of course you can cook these yourself (if that’s what you like) but if you are anything like me, why not order something simple in and jazz it up with some colourful plates. Invite your friends, make some cocktails and put some music on (the songs YOU like). If you really feel adventurous you could bring out some of those dance moves from the past.
2. Take advantage of a free trial at the gym. You can go whenever it suits YOU. You can stay for as long as you like and even talk to other adults and make friends. Who knows where this might lead? You could end up joining a meet up group that inspires you. Speaking of meet up groups, have you joined any? (Check it out here: https://www.meetup.com/en-AU/) You can also try a new gym every so often, why not? It’s free.
3. Have you ever wanted to learn to ride a motorcycle or take up pottery? Here is your chance. It’s not hard, type it into google and ta-da, there you have it. Now sign up and go.
4. Plan your time with the children for when they are back in your care. Think of activities you can schedule in and places they might like to go with you. Plan it and put it in your calendar or diary. Have you got a calendar or diary? No? Go get one, this is an outing in itself.
5. Be kind to yourself, which is easier said than done. Massage, sleep in, coffee with a friend, long walk or hike, nature photography, meditate or YouTube yoga. Did you see that? I just listed another seven! Talk about getting value out this blog!